City Dog Pack was founded in 2010 by certified master dog trainer Miguel Rodriguez. After serving in the United States Marine Corps for 5 years and patrolling with bomb sniffing dogs in Iraq, Miguel decided to move back to NYC to provide dog training services while attending college in St. John’s university to become a K-9 handler. City Dog Pack quickly took off and Miguel expanded his services to include dog walking and dog training. After graduating college Miguel decided to focus full time on providing the best pet care services to dogs all over NYC. Today he still walks dogs everyday with his carefully selected team of dog walkers.
What sets our services apart from the rest of dog care companies in NYC?
- We walk in dog packs of 2-4 dogs at a time. We don’t walk are dogs in huge packs. While it may be entertaining to see a dog walker with 12 dogs, it isn’t the safest way to walk dogs. We like to focus on quality, not quantity. We like to keep our packs small so that they get the socialization they want and the individual attention they need
- We will never leave your dog tied up outside unattended. We walk in dog walker pairs of 2, so if a building doesn’t allow other dogs, your dog will wait outside with a walker while another walker picks up another dog
- Our dog walkers are amongst the best trained and best paid in NYC. We don’t just hire college kids or people looking to make some extra cash. We are a family run business and our walkers are true dog enthusiasts.
- We offer consistent dog walkers. We won’t send random dog walkers daily to pick up your dog everyday. We’d like to establish a relationship with you and your dog, so your dog will be with the same walker everyday.
- We are bonded, ensured and pet first aid certified. We offer the security of a big company, with the personal attention of a small business
- If your dog needs pet sitting, your dogs walker will either stay at your place in the comfort of your dog’s home, or they will stay at your walkers home. No scary boarding facilities with a bunch of strangers. We only offer pet sitting services exclusively for our dog walking customers
- Our certified master dog trainer will assess your dog and come up with a personalized plan specifically designed for the dog’s needs. Our dog trainer has 14 years experience working with dogs of all breeds and temperaments and he has received formal training in dog training schools and seminars across the country, including military training. No gimmicks or dog trainers certified through online courses, just dog training backed by years of research and science.
- Our rates are amongst the most competitive of any reputable dog walking and training company in NYC. Check out our rates and services page to see for yourself.
- We treat our dogs with love and respect. Working with animals is a privilege, not a right.